About this policy
Who is responsible for managing your personal information?
The company responsible for looking after your data, is Click Book Stay Ltd. In this policy this will be shown as “we”, “our”, “us”, etc.,
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal data you submit directly to us or when this information is passed to us if you placed a booking or enquiry through a third-party marketing platform. We are committed to protecting your information and will be responsible for your personal data after we receive it but not prior to receiving it if you initially provided the data to a third-party marketing platform.
This policy sets out the data protection principles we follow and our obligations under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This policy covers our dealings with customers who book accommodation and any other services through us and the owner(s) of the accommodation booked.
The lead party of each booking must be over 21 years of age and although we collect names and ages of guests staying for the purposes of meeting obligations under the Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972 we do not collect any personal information from children.
Personal information we collect
- Your name and age/age range when checking in online.
- Your postal addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.
- Payments method – when paying by card we use a third-party payment provider. We do not capture or store card details except for the last 4 digits of the card and card type.
- Whether you wish to receive any marketing information from us.
- Communication between us and property owners, or their appointed housekeepers or managers, of accommodation you have booked. This includes emails, telephone call records and any customer service information.
- Reviews – any feedback you leave regarding your stay or booking experience.
- Browsing history and cookies – we store data on how you use our website which may include your IP address. We collect this data to monitor and improve our website and to provide you a better online experience. You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can simply set it to refuse them, although you may not have access to all the features of our website if you do so.
- We work with third party marketing agencies who place bookings either through offline or online channels. When your bookings originated from one of these companies they must also inform you about their use of your personal data.
If you do not want to provide us with the information detailed above then we may not be able to provide the booking or offer our business services.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Manage your booking
- Facilitate the rental contract between you and the owner of the property you have booked
- Facilitate the arrangement, financial or otherwise, of any additional services you have booked such as Booking Protect
- Personalise any accommodation enquiry you submit
- Communicate with you via email, telephone, by letter, through social media or through any third party online travel agency platform if you booked originally through them
- Process your payments
- Send you marketing information when you have opted in for such communication.
How we collect personal information
We receive personal information from:
- You – when you place a booking either online, via email, or over the telephone or when you leave a review about a property you have stayed in or when you leave an enquiry through our website or when you contact us through social media.
- Your use of our websites and mobile apps. Our website uses the booking reservation system SuperControl. They may be contacted at SuperControl, Unit 2, Station Yard, Castle Douglas, Scotland, DG7 1LA.
- Third party marketing online or offline companies who we list and advertise properties with such as Booking.com and Airbnb
- You – when you subscribe to receive marketing communications from us
- Third party review sites such as TripAdvisor and Revyoos
How we share your personal information
Where a property is not managed by Click Book Stay, i.e. Click Book Stay act only as a booking agent, we give some of your contact information to the property owner, or their housekeeper or property manager, so they can get in touch about key collection and any arrangements for your stay. We will also give you the property owner’s details, and/or their appointed property manager or housekeeper for the same reason.
If you choose to purchase cancellation protection we pass your name, booking number, dates of your accommodation booking and number of guests in your group to Booking Protect, who will administer any claim you may submit. They may be contacted at Booking Protect Ltd, Romero house, 8 Airport West, Leeds, LS19 7ZA.
We store your data in certain cloud services provided by third parties. Those third parties do not however have access to your data
We protect your data and regularly evaluate the security of our systems, updating safeguards as appropriate. Our staff are trained in the importance of security and privacy and we treat breaches of confidentiality and privacy as disciplinary matters.
Payment service providers
To ensure your transactions are as secure as possible, we hand over payment card processing to Opayo by Elavon, Level 15 City point One Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9AW
When payments are made by bank transfer we process these through HSBC UK Bank PLC, 1 Centenary Sq, Birmingham B1 1HQ.
Legal basis of processing
We will store and use your personal data when:
- You Consent: for example when you subscribe to receive marketing information. You may withdraw your consent at any time or send us an enquiry via email asking for information.
- You enter into a booking Contract. We will usually retain data for up to seven years from the date the contract completes to fulfil legal obligations to authorities such as HMRC for tax purposes and for making financial records available for audit.
- We have Legitimate interests: we use data to manage our business. Our legitimate interests will never take precedence over your right to privacy
We will use your data when you provide consent or when you enter into a contract by booking accommodation with us, either directly with us on the telephone, by email, or on our website or by booking through a third party online or offline travel agent. We will not send you any marketing communications unless you have specifically consented to receiving these. All our marketing communications include an unsubscribe link, to make it easy to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time
If you withdraw your consent to receive marketing communications from us and you have a future booking with us and you have not yet stayed we will still need to store and use your data so we can manage your booking. This is because the basis for storing data is to fulfil a contract rather than consent to receive other communications. For more information, see the “Legal basis of processing” section below.
If you are concerned about the processing of your data, please contact us (see below). If you are unhappy with our use of your data, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which supervises data protection in the UK.
You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data. You also have the right to request that we correct or remove your data, when there remains no legal basis for keeping it. Please note that when these rights are exercised, we will conduct identification checks to ensure your privacy is safeguarded. You will need to contact us by email or post, to exercise these rights.
You can contact us to request information or raise a complaint via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via post, to Click Book Stay Ltd, 66 Tay Street, Perth, PH2 8RA or by telephone on 01738 506 211.