How to book | Booking FAQs | Managing your booking
How to make a booking with Click Book Stay!
Although we have partner accounts with all the major listing sites such as Airbnb, Booking.com, TripAdvisor and VRBO, booking direct with Click Book Stay will give you the best price & therefore saving you money, typically in the region of 20%. Simply follow the steps below to search and find your perfect holiday home in Scotland and N.Ireland.
1. Enter your dates, number of guests and preferred location into the search bar towards the top of the page and press ‘Search’
2. You will be presented with a page of available properties. There will be a brief overview of the accommodation and then links to ‘view’ full property details or ‘proceed to booking’ against each property. On the bottom bar you will also have the option to refine your search – here you can narrow down options such as selecting accommodation that welcomes pets.
3. Clicking on ‘proceed to booking’ at this stage will take you to the live availability / booking calendar for the individual property. You will not be committing to a booking at this point, it will simply allow you to select your dates to make sure the property is available and also check what price it will be.
When presented with the booking calendar simply enter the number of guests (grey box to the right of the calendar) and then select your arrival date from the calendar itself (click on the date) you will then be able to select the number of nights you would like to stay and you will be shown the price for the duration in the grey box to the right of the calendar. If you would like to proceed, click ‘Book Now’.
Alternatively, if you click to ‘view’ further property information, you will still have the ability to make the booking by clicking the ‘book now’ button on the availability search to the right of the screen
If you have further questions simply complete the enquiry form on the ‘contact us’ page found via the menu system.
4. If you have decided to proceed with a booking, on clicking ‘Book Now’ you will be presented with the following screen where you will be prompted to fill in your information. Please note, this is a secure encrypted system. At this stage you will also be able to enter a promotional code, should you have one, and any discount applied to your booking total.
5. If you would prefer to speak with someone you can call our office on: +44 (0)1738 506 211. Please leave a message if you can’t reach us, we’re often out at properties but will be sure to call you back as soon as we are able.
We work hard to make booking with us as hassle free as possible, leaving you to enjoy your stay!
Question 1: Do I have to pay the full amount now?
It depends when your stay will be. Our normal terms (unless otherwise stated on the property pages) are that 25% deposit is required to secure the booking with the balance then due 8 weeks prior to arrival. If bookings are made within 8 weeks to arrival, then full payment will be due at the time of booking.
Question 2: What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit and debit cards and bank transfers including Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Question 3: Do you take Paypal?
At this moment, paypal is not one of the methods of payment that we accept. However the card processing system that we do use, SagePay, is a secure system and masks all of your card information straight away (details are not passed to us).
Question 4: What is the security deposit?
The security deposit is an amount pre-authorised on a payment card in case of breakages and damage caused during your stay, or excess cleaning required following your stay. Where a security deposit is requested for a booking, funds are only drawn down when a problem occurs and you would be notified first.
Question 5: Why do I need to inform you of who is coming on holiday and how old they are?
Not only are we required to We need the names and ages of all party members for fire safety records. This includes guests that will only be there for part of the stay. Only guests that are named on the booking are authorised to stay at the property.
Question 6: What is your cancellation policy?
Once a booking deposit has been paid and the booking confirmed in writing, the Tenant is liable for the whole amount of the rent for the period booked.
Any cancellations must be made in writing and acknowledged by us.
In the event of a cancellation, the following charges will apply:
- If notice of cancellation is given more than 6 weeks before your arrival date, 25% of the total tariff is non-refundable
- If notice of cancellation is given at least 6 weeks prior and no less than 2 weeks of your arrival date, then 50% of the total tariff is retained.
- Less than 2 weeks notice the full tariff is non-refundable.
Where we are successful in securing a new booking, a refund for any dates re-let will be provided. An admin fee of £50 may apply to cover costs incurred in processing the booking and cancellation.
Should a booking have to be cancelled as a result of Government Order or a Change in Law, excluding weather-related advice, all monies paid less a £50 admin fee will be refunded. Cancellations for any other reason will be subject to our standard cancellation terms.
Question 7: Do we need any Holiday / Cancellation Insurance?
Yes, we certainly recommend it. Once booked, you are liable for the complete Property rental costs. As such, it is strongly recommended that you take out suitable holiday / cancellation insurance to cover costs incurred by unexpected holiday cancellation. Always be sure to use a reputable insurance company and check inclusions / exclusions.
Question 8: What are the check in and check out times?
Guests can check in at the property from 4pm and check out by 10am unless otherwise agreed in advance.
Question 9: Can I have an earlier check-in / later check-out time?
Early arrivals & late departures may be possible but must be requested in advance of the stay and may incur an additional fee. They depend on the cleaning and caretaking schedule, whether or not there’s guests leaving on the same day, and generally whether we have enough time between bookings to get them ready for guests’ arrival. During the summer months, and where we have a same day changeovers it unfortunately won’t be possible. For the safety and wellbeing of everyone, guests are not permitted to enter before the agreed times and must be vacated by the agreed time.
Question 10: Can we arrange a supermarket delivery to our holiday home?
As long as that service is available in the area, it is absolutely fine to arrange a delivery. We ask that delivery slots are arranged for a time when you will be there to accept.
Question 11: Can I bring my dog?
Many of our properties welcome well behaved pets. Each property listing should specify whether it is possible to bring your dog(s), but if in doubt please ask and we can check that out for you. Please note, that most properties will apply a small charge for bringing dogs, this simply covers extra cleaning following the stay to ensure the property is ready for incoming guests who may not be as pet loving as you.
Manage your booking
To view, amend or pay for your booking simply login to your booking via the ‘guest login’ link on the main menu of the website or via the link at the bottom of each page. In this area we will also include exclusive offers and advance information about new properties coming on.
The first time you try to access it you will need to create your account. Click on the ‘new user’ link at the bottom of the login box that opens up. You will then be presented with the following screen. Simply enter your booking number and the email address you used when making your booking, then choose a password.
Details about your booking, emergency contacts etc will also be found within the guest login;