Top five hidden walks in Perthshire
Perthshire, otherwise known as the heart of Scotland or the gateway to the Highlands is the perfect spot for your next stay-cation.
Let us show you our favourite hidden walks.
Experience idyllic glens, magnificent water features, and five star hospitality from local people.
Some of the best rated pubs and restaurants in Scotland are located in Highland Perthshire.
The Taybank in Dunkeld is one of our favourites. Cool off after a long walk with a pint and a meal on the banks of the River Tay.
We want to show you the best hidden gems in rural Perthshire. We want to take you off the beaten track and show you everything that this marvellous county has to offer. There are plenty of well known walking spots in the area, like Schiehallion munro, but we want to show you the best of what hidden Perthshire has to offer.
Want to know more? Let us guide you through Highland Perthshire.
Here are our favourites.
- The Ardblair Trail and Bluebell Wood – This idyllic walk is perfect for Springtime travellers. The bluebells are a beautiful sight to see, and are at their best from March to June. This walk is located just outside of Blairgowrie, near to our Bothy lodge!
- The River Ericht Walk – This eight mile path takes you right along the banks of the scenic River Ericht. The trail takes roughly 5 and a half hours to complete, making it the perfect day out. Whilst you’re there, explore the wonderful local cafes in Blairgowrie, you won’t be missing out.
- The Beatrix Potter Experience – This wonderful exhibit is located in Birnam, just before Dunkeld. This is for any fan of the wonderful Peter Rabbit books. The garden attached is best during the spring and summer months as guests can experience the garden in full bloom. This is perfect for our Dunkeld accommodation.
- Inver Path – This walk, north of Dunkeld, houses Pine Cone Point. This place is located in a luscious green woodland area, and is a relatively easy walk. The iconic Pine Cone Point is a must for a photo opportunity!
- Fiddler’s Path – This walk is another hidden gem located in Dunkeld. This stunning walk takes in the glorious Dunkeld Cathedral. Once you’ve finished your walk, sit by the banks of the Tay at the iconic Taybank Hotel beer garden for a cold pint of lager and a lovely lunch.